WSU Online is proud to be a member of the Western eTutoring Consortium, which provides unlimited FREE online tutoring. For more information on how to take advantage of this free service, review setting up Your eTutoring Account.
All WSU Online students will have access to eTutoring’s free online professional tutoring services in the following areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Computer Science (Java and C++ only)
- Intro to Psychology
- Math (Developmental through Trigonometry)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (HTML, CSS, and WordPress)
eTutoring provides support through the following options:
- eWriting Lab allows you to submit a draft of your paper to a tutor, ask for specific feedback, and receive your work back with a tutor’s response within 24–48 hours
- Live Tutoring via eChat allows you to meet with a tutor in one-on-one tutoring sessions via a fully interactive, virtual online environment.
- eQuestions allows you to leave a specific question for an eTutor, who will respond within 48 hours (but usually sooner).
Before you can access eTutoring options, you will need to set up an account:
- Go to the Welcome page on the Washington State University eTutoring website.
- In the sign in area, log in with the following information to create an Account Profile:
- Username: Your WSU Network ID
- Password: wsuddp
- Be sure “Student” is selected as the User Type.
- When you log in for the first time, you’ll be asked to update your account profile, which includes choosing a new password. Please change your password at this time.
- To verify your account you will need to add your WSU ID number as your institutional ID.
- Finally, please read and accept the eTutoring Terms and Conditions by selecting the “I agree to all terms and conditions” box at the bottom of the page.
- Once this process is complete, select one of the eTutoring services on the welcome page to begin.
Accessing eTutoring Options
Once you have created your account, you are ready to access any of the free eTutoring Resources on the eTutoring welcome page, including eChat, eQuestions, eWriting Lab, and Resources.
- If you choose “eChat,” colored tutor icons will show which tutors are online. Select the icon for the tutor with whom you wish to “chat.” Note: You must allow pop-ups in the Breeze chat window and may be asked to log in for one-on-one tutoring with the login information provided.
- If a tutor isn’t available for eChat, you can leave a message through “eQuestions.”
- “Weekly Tutor Schedules” are available on the lower right-hand side of the page.
You can modify your account profile at any time by selecting the “Account Profile” option.
If you need assistance, please visit eTutoring Technical Support.