Job Search Strategies
First, you’ll need to prepare an effective resume and cover letter.
Then, use the following resources to start searching!
- To learn more about job search strategies, contact the WSU Global Campus career counselor by completing the Request Counseling form.
- A Job Search Strategy group can help get you started. These groups allow students with similar career interests to share resources and discuss their experiences throughout the process. They provide a great way to get support and stay motivated! Contact the WSU Global Campus Career Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss forming a group.
- Participate in On-Campus Interviewing.
- Register for Handshake, WSU’s employment resource website for students and alumni.
- Need experience through an internship? Find internship information on the WSU ASCC website.
- Attend a career fair! Watch for information about Virtual Career Fairs on our Global Connections website.
- To find employers for particular occupations by city/state, go to CareerOneStop, Select Job Search, and use the Find a Job feature to specify a location and a job title, to identify employers and their addresses in a specific city.
- Don’t forget to network.
For more tips, download the WSU ASCC Job Search packet (pdf).