I have received my orientation email from my academic advisor. Now what?
Note: This information is for undergraduate degree-seeking students.
- Read the information in your orientation email. Be sure to review your personal planning worksheet which your advisor attached to the email. The message will also include a link to access the WSU Global Campus Orientation, a new student orientation course you must complete before meeting with your advisor and registering for courses.
- Begin to plan which courses to take:
- Browse for courses in the Schedules of Classes. Be sure to select the More Information link associated with the course to learn what materials are required. Many course information pages also provide links to syllabi near the bottom of the page. Please note: If information is not yet listed on the course information page, be sure to check back.
- Log in to myWSU. If shopping carts are open, select and add courses to your shopping cart that you’re interested in taking, and that fit the requirements outlined in your degree.
- Make note of any questions you have about your degree plan, and the courses you wish to take.
- After you successfully complete the orientation, you’ll be provided with a link to schedule your first advising session with your academic advisor. For this first meeting, plan to be at your computer with your planning worksheet available. During this session, you’ll discuss which courses best meet your goals. Be sure to have your potential questions ready at that time. Your academic advisor can lift your advising hold after making sure the courses in your shopping cart are appropriate for your class standing, and will keep you moving towards your degree.