Received Orientation Email
Note: This information is for undergraduate degree-seeking students.
- Read the information in your orientation email. Be sure to review your personal planning worksheet which your advisor attached to the email.
- Instructions are included your orientation email and listed below on how to access the Global Campus new student orientation, a tutorial you must successfully pass before you will be allowed to register for courses.
- Go to the Blackboard log in page at learn.wsu.edu.
- Select this link to log in to Blackboard Learn: WSU Authentication
- Enter your network ID and password.
- After entering your network ID and password, you’ll be asked to authenticate again using the method you chose when you set up your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- After your second authentication, you’ll be directed to Blackboard’s home page, called My Institution.
- Under Courses in which you are enrolled as a student, look for your Global Campus Academic Advisor’s course, which will start with “Advising by.” If it is not showing, check to be sure that All is the option in the Term drop-down menu.
- Select the course. In the course navigation menu, Global Campus Orientation Lessons will be listed.
- Select Welcome to the New Student Orientation. Complete Lessons 1-7 and the Orientation Review Quizzes after each lesson.
- After successfully completing the orientation, begin to plan which courses to take:
- Browse for courses in the Schedules of Classes. Be sure to select the More Information link associated with the course to learn what materials are required. Many course information pages also provide links to syllabi near the bottom of the page. Please note: If information is not yet listed on the course information page, be sure to check back.
- Log in to myWSU. If shopping carts are open, select and add courses to your shopping cart that you’re interested in taking, and that fit the requirements outlined in your degree.
- Make note of any questions you have about your degree plan, and the courses you wish to take.
- Call 800-222-4978 to schedule your first advising session with your academic advisor. At this session, you’ll discuss which courses best meet your goals. Be sure to have your potential questions ready at that time. Your academic advisor can lift your advising hold after making sure the courses in your shopping cart are appropriate for your class standing, and will keep you moving towards your degree.