How to Register
- Global Campus Students:
Log in to my.wsu.edu, using your NID and password, and follow the steps below.
- Pullman, Vancouver, Tri-Cities, and Spokane Campus Students:
For information about enrolling in WSU Global Campus courses, please visit our Intercampus Enrollment Request page.
Shopping and Enrolling in Classes
Enrollment for each term opens in myWSU at about the same time every year; in March for the summer term, in April for fall semester, and in November for spring semester.
To enroll in the courses you need for the upcoming term, follow these steps:
Before registering, it is important you review your degree requirements to ensure you know what you have left to do to earn your degree.
If you are an undergraduate degree-seeking at the Global Campus, we have a Degree requirement video that reminds you on how to navigate the tools available for you.
Before enrollment opens it’s a good idea to Review Your Tasks and make sure there are no holds on your account that may prevent you from enrolling in courses.
From your Student Homepage, select the Tasks tile. The Tasks section provides information on To Do List items and active Holds.
To Do List items communicate the status of tasks that you need to be aware of, such as applying for financial aid.
Holds block your ability to register for classes, drop classes, or receive transcripts. The Hold Details screen will tell you what hold you have, the semester the hold impacts, and who to contact if you have questions.
Enrollment for each term opens in myWSU at about the same time every year, in March for the summer term, in April for fall semester, and in November for spring semester.
From your Student Homepage select the Manage Classes tile, and then select Enrollment Dates to view the date and time you’re eligible to enroll in the upcoming semester.
Note: Within Manage Classes there are a few options in the left navigation bar that do not pertain to Global Campus students:
- Weekly Schedule
- Update Classes
- Browse Course Catalog
- Optional Services
You can search for classes using myWSU or the online class schedule. This section focuses on how to search using the myWSU class search.
Written step by step instructions are provided or if you prefer you can watch the Search for classes using myWSU video which will walk you through the entire process. You can also find details on how to use the online class search near the bottom of this page.
To search for classes, students should follow the steps below.
- Within Manage Classes, select Class Search and Enroll then choose the term in which you want to enroll.
- The Search for Classes field will appear. Select Additional ways to search, listed below the search box.
- A pop-up window will appear with several search options available.
- Start by selecting your career from the Career drop down menu. If you are seeking a Bachelor’s degree you would choose Undergraduate. If you are in a Graduate program outside of an MBA, pick Graduate. All MBA students should pick Business.
- After selecting your career, select Global Campus from the Campus menu to show only courses offered online through Global Campus. After that you can refine your search using any of the options listed.
- Once you’ve identified a course you’d like to know more about, select the course.
- Information about the course will be displayed in two menus, Course Information and Class Selection.
- Course Information: Provides the WSU course catalog description and basic course details.
- Class Selection: Additional details such as status, session, class, meeting dates, and seats will be displayed. Pay special attention to the Session and Meeting Dates. Select the hyperlink listed under Class for additional course information.
- After selecting the Class link, the Class Information pop-up window will appear with several tabs to review. Be sure to look at what’s listed in the Enrollment Information tab, such as:
- Special Course Fees, if any.
- Under Requirement, are there Course Prerequisites? If so, do you meet the prerequisites?
- Class Note: Global Campus courses should list a web address in this section to the course More Information page. The More Information page provides important details about required course materials, textbooks, proctoring requirements, even syllabi.
Heads up! Global Campus course More Information pages may not list course details until a few weeks before the session begins. If no information is listed, be sure to check back.
- Class Attributes will indicate if the course fulfills a UCORE.
- If you’re ready to add the course to your shopping cart—and ultimately enroll—close the Class Information pop-up window and select the arrow on the right side of the Class Selection. After that continue on to Step 5 below.
Once you have selected your classes, you can add the courses to your shopping cart or if your enrollment time is active, enroll into the course.
Written step by step instructions are provided or if you prefer you can watch the How to use the Shopping Cart and validate your courses video which will walk you through the entire process.
- Review Class Selection: Check that you’ve selected the right course.
- Review Class Preferences: If the course is full, here’s where you can request to be added to the waitlist. After you indicate Yes or No, you must also select Accept to continue.
- Optional Services: These options should default to Decline, but you can change any option to Purchase. Select Submit to continue.
- Review and Submit: Review the course one last time. Select Submit to either enroll in the course or add it to your shopping cart. Note: You will be unable to enroll before your enrollment date.
Enroll in Courses You’ve Put in Your Shopping Cart
If you have courses in your shopping cart and are ready to enroll, follow these quick steps:
- From your Student Homepage, select Manage Classes then Shopping Cart.
- Select the term in which you want to enroll.
- Select the checkbox(es) shown with the course(s) in your cart, then select Enroll.
Tips for Better Search Results
You can search for courses multiple ways. Here are some tips to get you started.
You can search for courses offered that will fulfill a certain UCORE requirement.
Start by following Step 3—Search for Classes up through #5. After you select Global Campus from the Campus menu, select a UCORE designator (such as [ROOT]) from the University Common Requirement (UCORE) menu.
Select Search to view the UCORE courses offered for the term that fulfill the requirement you selected.
You can search for courses that are offered during a shorter session of the term, such as Carson College of Business 7-week session courses (listed as CCB 7 Week Session 1 and 2).
Start by following Step 3—Search for Classes up through #5. After you select Global Campus from the Campus menu, select the appropriate option from the Session menu.
Pro Tip: The session menu is helpful when searching for Summer Session or Winter Session courses!
WSU offers an alternative way to search for classes using the WSU Schedule of Classes (schedules.wsu.edu). Written step by step instructions are provided or if you prefer you can watch the Search for classes using online class schedule video which will walk you through the entire process.
- From the Schedules of Classes home page, select the link for the term listed for Global Campus (for example, Summer 2021). Then select a prefix to browse for courses in a specific area, such as HISTORY.
- Once you’ve found a course you want to enroll in, there may be more than one section of the course offered. Each section has its own class number. For example, HISTORY 305 has three sections. The class number for section 1 is 11011, section 2 is 11012, and the number for section 3 is 14951. If a section if full, seats may be available in another section.
- Make note of the class number from the Schedules of Classes, and then enter it in the Search for Classes field in myWSU.
Heads up! Search results using the class number may also include other courses that are not Global Campus courses, but have the number tied to the course in some way.