Every Global Campus undergraduate degree-seeking student is assigned a personal academic advisor. Your advisor helps you plan your path to a degree. This includes choosing individual courses, meeting university requirements, and navigating through any issues.
Your academic advisor can also help you with:
- Course petitions and evaluations
- Revising your academic plan
For other questions, please contact Global Campus’ student support team.
What are advising holds?
Advising holds prevent you from registering. To get them lifted, new students must first complete a quick orientation course. Before every semester, all students must also discuss their courses with their academic advisor—usually by email or phone call—before being allowed to register.
How to have your advising hold lifted:
- New students must first complete the orientation course:
- Follow the instructions in your orientation email to access the Global Campus orientation course.
- Once you have completed the orientation, call 800-222-4978 to schedule your first session with your academic advisor. At this session, you’ll discuss which courses best meet your goals.
- Your academic advisor will then remove your advising hold.
- You can register for courses during your assigned registration time. To find out when you can register, go to your myWSU Manage Classes tile and select the Enrollment Dates section. Your registration date will be listed there. How to Register
- Returning students follow this procedure:
- Find out when you can register. Go to your myWSU Manage Classes tile and select the Enrollment Dates section. Your registration date will be listed there.
- Before your registration date, consider your degree plan and what courses you would like to take.
- Shop for courses in myWSU, and add them to your shopping cart. Select the Manage Classes tile, then Class Search and Enroll to get started. How to Register
- Call 800-222-4978 to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Discuss the courses in your shopping cart with your advisor, who will then lift your hold.
WSU has several other holds that may block you from registering. Not all can be lifted by advisors. Here’s an overview.