Intercampus Enrollment Request
If approved, Intercampus Enrollment allows students to take all of their courses for a semester (fall or spring) at a WSU campus other than their home campus. Throughout the process, if you have questions or need assistance please work with your academic advisor.
This form will be disabled on Thursday, August 26, 2021, at 5 p.m.
Please note: Global Campus tries to accommodate as many requests for online courses as possible. Requests for enrollment in high demand Global Campus courses may not be approved.
During the summer, students can take courses on any WSU campus and it is not necessary to request intercampus enrollment. Online Winter Session courses offered through WSU Global Campus are also unrestricted and open to any continuing WSU student.
Intercampus enrollment is a good option for students who:
- need to take all of their courses for a semester or two at a different WSU campus but plan to return to and graduate from their home campus
- are close to graduating and need to take their final courses at a different WSU campus. Students using intercampus enrollment will graduate from their home campus.
Online courses: Other ways to enroll
If you specifically want to enroll in Global Campus online courses, a Global Campus section of the course you need may be available on your home campus. Sections that do not list specific meeting dates and times or a room number are Global Campus online courses available on other WSU campuses. These courses will display the following information:
- In myWSU:
- The course Days and Times and Room will indicate “To be announced.”
- When you select the link for the course, under Enrollment Information the Class Notes section will indicate “This section is a web-based section and does not meet in a regular classroom.”
- In the Class Details tab, for Instruction Mode it will list “100% Web-based Instruction.”
- In the WSU Schedules of Classes, the course will have a “V” virtual section footnote, and the course Days and Times will indicate “ARRGT” and “ARR ARR.” It may also indicate “This section is a web-based section and does not meet in a regular classroom.”
- In myWSU:
Things to consider before requesting Intercampus Enrollment
- If courses are not available at your home campus, make sure that the courses you need to take to fulfill your degree requirements are available at the requested WSU campus.
- Registration holds: It is your responsibility to take action to clear any holds you may have before completing this form.
After submitting the Intercampus Enrollment request form, expect the following:
- Intercampus Enrollment requests will be reviewed and processed within two weeks of receiving the request. The request is not guaranteed to be approved.
- Your academic advisor will be contacted by email to review any course prerequisites and approve your request.
- Your request must be approved by the Registrar on the campus you wish to attend.
- You will be contacted at your WSU email address if the Registrar has questions about your request.
- If approved, once you are enrolled a Study Agreement hold will be placed on your account to prevent unapproved enrollments. Any adjustments to your course schedule must be manually processed by the campus Registrar’s Office.
If your Intercampus Enrollment request is approved:
- Your campus of admission will not change. You will continue to work with your academic advisor and home campus for support and services. Students who wish to permanently change their campus of admission and graduate from a different WSU campus should complete the Change of Campus form.
- Your tuition rate will not change. You will continue to be charged the same tuition rate as set on your home campus based on your residency status and NOT by the campus you request to attend. Conversely, your campus based fees (Rec Center, etc.) will be charged based on the campus you request to attend.
- You will be dropped from ALL your home campus enrollments before you will be enrolled in courses on the requested campus.
- If you receive financial aid, you will maintain the financial aid package based on your home campus.
- If you are a new student, you will attend the new student orientation provided by your home campus.
Intercampus enrollment requests are valid for a single semester; if you want to extend for an additional semester you must submit a new request. If you have questions, contact the Global Campus Registrar at 509-335-3979, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request form for Spring 2022 will be available on November 8, 2021.
Interested in permanently changing your campus of enrollment? See Change of Campus for more information.