Students will be placed on the President’s Honor Roll if they meet either of the following criteria:
- Achieve a grade point average of 3.75 in at least nine graded hours of credit in a single semester at WSU, or,
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 based on at least fifteen cumulative hours of graded work at WSU.
A grade of incomplete indicates a grade has been deferred for a course, and you receive neither credit nor grade points for the course until the work is finished and a final grade is recorded. Thus, if you enroll in three courses, receive two “A’s” and one “I”, you are ineligible for the President’s Honor Roll for that particular semester unless you have a high enough cumulative GPA (3.5 or higher) to meet the second criteria alone (WSU Academic Regulations, Regulation 133).
Information about your inclusion on the President’s Honor Roll may be sent to your hometown media, unless you have requested to be unlisted.
To request to be unlisted, change your security settings in myWSU:
- From the Main Menu, select Profile
- In the navigation menu, select FERPA Restrictions
- Select Release/Restrict Information
- Select Restrict All Release/Restrict Information, and select Save
Recognition for selected baccalaureate degree candidates will be awarded according to the following:
- Summa cum laude recognition will be awarded to those graduates who have completed at least 30 hours of graded work at WSU with a cumulative grade point average for work completed at Washington State of 3.90 or better;
- Magna cum laude recognition will be awarded if the cumulative grade point average is at least 3.70 to 3.89; and
- Cum laude recognition will be awarded if the minimum cumulative grade point average is 3.50 but less than 3.70.
The appropriate Latin phrase will be printed on the diploma and on the final transcript. To allow for publication of the appropriate honors in advance of graduation, computation of graduation honors will be done prior to the end of the final semester. However, following the student’s final semester, the Registrar will recalculate the student’s GPA including the last semester’s work, and only this computation will determine official graduation honors.