Before You Learn Online,
Be Sure You’re Tech Ready!
This is your resource for ensuring that you’re ready to learn online at Washington State University.
Whether you are a Global Campus student, earning your degree 100% online, or you are a student at a physical WSU campus who is taking an individual course online, understanding technical requirements and the skills you need to succeed is essential.
No matter your level of comfort with technology or experience with online learning, we’re here to help!
Required Skills for Online Learning
In order to succeed as an online student, you’ll need basic technology skills, as well as an ability to collaborate with your instructors and peers, manage your time, study independently, etc. Find out more using the links below:
- Skills for success
- General tech tool resources
- Your virtual course space
- The importance of your WSU email
- Free software programs for WSU students
- Presentation and collaboration tools
Students taking courses through WSU Global Campus need to have equipment that meets minimum technical requirements. Learn more below:
- Equipment/technical requirements
- Find out if your computer meets minimum requirements
- Check your internet connection speed