Health Communication & Promotion
- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: January 10, 2022
- Summer: May 9, 2022
- Fall: August 22, 2022
Master of Arts
in Health Communication and Promotion
Murrow College of Communication
Enhance Your Skills. Energize Your Career.
WSU’s master’s degree in Health Communication and Promotion, offered entirely online, is designed for those who work in communication and health sciences and are seeking to refresh and update their professional skills to enhance their careers. This flexible, fully-online program is also ideal for individuals who wish to enter the profession of health communication and promotion by earning trusted credentials from a university noted for excellence in communication studies.
WSU Health Communication and Promotion Program Strengths
- The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication is highly regarded nationwide by professionals and wins awards for student’s work.
- Learn from health communication master’s online professors who win awards for their teaching and professional work, are nationally ranked for their research, and emphasize high standards in the tradition of Edward R. Murrow.
- Includes weekly online instructor office hours, frequent student self-assessment tools, ongoing interaction with other students, and a cohort structure in which students go through the program with the same group.
Applicants will be evaluated by the Murrow graduate selection committee, which will require official copies of undergraduate transcripts, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and a written statement of purpose. GRE scores are NOT required. Note: This degree will not aid in qualifying graduates for doctoral-level programs at WSU or other institutions.
Visit the Online MA Health Communication and Promotion page for details on how to apply.
Program of Study—30 semester credits
All courses are available online
- COM 561: Professional Multimedia Content Creation
- COM 562: Crisis Communication in Global Contexts
- COM 563: Ethics for Professionals
- COM 564: Research Methods for Professionals
- COMHLTH 570: Health Communication and Behavior Change
- COMHLTH 571: Communicating Health in Practice
- COMHLTH 572: Communicating Health to Specialized Populations
- COMHLTH 573: Communicating Health in a Digital Landscape
- COMHLTH 574: Health Message Design and Effectiveness
- COMSTRAT 701: Master’s Independent Capstone Project and /or Examination
Please note: The Online MA Health Communication and Promotion is a terminal professional degree program. It is structured to provide opportunities for those interested in career transition or advancement in professional communication positions. The program is non-thesis, involves limited theory, does not include a classroom teaching component or active research assignment, and therefore should not be considered a preparatory stepping stone to most Ph.D. programs or teaching at a collegiate level.