- Spring: December 1
- Summer: April 15
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: January 8, 2024
- Summer: May 6, 2024
- Fall: August 19, 2024
Master of Arts
in Strategic Communication
Murrow College of Communication
Enhance Your Skills. Energize Your Career.
WSU’s master’s degree in strategic communication, available fully online, is designed for those who want to excel in communication, advertising, public relations and corporate communication. This flexible program is perfect for those already working as professional communicators. It is also ideal for individuals who wish to enter this field by earning trusted credentials from a university noted for excellence in communication studies.
Applicants will be evaluated by the Murrow graduate selection committee, which will require official copies of undergraduate transcripts, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and a written statement of purpose.GRE scores are NOT required.
Note: This degree will not aid in qualifying graduates for doctoral-level programs at WSU or other institutions.
Visit Online MA Strategic Communication page for details on how to apply.
Program of Study—30 semester credits
All courses are available online
- COM 561: Professional Multimedia Content Creation
- COM 562: Crisis Communication in Global Contexts
- COM 563: Ethics for Professionals
- COM 564: Research Methods for Professionals
- COMSTRAT 561: Persuasion for Professional Communicators
- COMSTRAT 562: Creative Media Strategies & Techniques
- COMSTRAT 563: Professional Digital Content Promotion
- COMSTRAT 564: Consumer Behavior and Brand Development
- COMSTRAT 565: Professional Marketing Communication Management and Campaigns
- COMSTRAT 701: Capstone Project/Portfolio Preparation and Presentation
Global Campus offers this related graduate certificate program that you can consider pairing with your strategic communication degree: