- Fall: January 10
- Spring: July 1
- Fall: August 22, 2022
- Spring: January 9, 2023
Master of Education (EdM)
in Special Education
College of Education
Enhance Your Skills. Energize Your Career.
WSU’s Master of Education (EdM) in Special Education degree, offered fully online, is designed for educational professionals wishing to extend their knowledge and skills in education, expand their understanding of special education practices and strategies, and pursue leadership roles in schools, organizations or agencies. The program also gives certified teachers the preparation for the state endorsement they need to teach pre-kindergarten through 12th grade special education in Washington State.
Interested students can apply at the Graduate School’s admissions page. The College of Education graduate programs page offers a general overview of the application steps.
If you have questions about the degree, please contact the College of Education – Office of Graduate Education at email@example.com or 509-335-7016.
Program of Study—35-37 semester credits
All courses are available online
- Spec Ed 301, Education of Exceptional Children
- Spec Ed 499, Special Problems*
- Spec Ed 501, Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 502, Assessment and Curriculum for Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 503, Secondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 504, Professional Skills in Special Education
- Spec Ed 509, Early Childhood Special Education
- Spec Ed 521, Inclusion Strategies for Special Education Teachers
- Spec Ed 571, Prevention and Remediation of Reading Disabilities
- Ed Psych 505, Research Methods I
- Ed Ad 507, Social Foundations of Education
- Spec Ed 702, Master’s Special Problems, Directed Study and/or Examination
*Spec Ed 499 is required only if the student is also pursuing the Add-On-Endorsement.