Global Campus Chancellor: Welcome to Spring and MLK Day Events

Dear Global Campus Cougs,

Happy new year to you all, and welcome to Spring 2022! I hope that you had a safe and restful holiday season and are ready to get started on another fruitful and worthwhile semester at WSU Global Campus.

I was very impressed by the diligence and dedication exhibited by our online academic community during the fall semester, and I’m greatly looking forward seeing more of the same as we continue into the second half of the academic year. Many of you are nearing graduation in May, and the rest of you are one step closer to achieving your goals. Be proud of your accomplishments to this point and allow yourself grace if you did not meet all your goals.

I would like to put a spotlight on our upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. observances. As we honor the life of Dr. King, I encourage all Global Campus students to consider what they can do to make our world a more just and fair place. I also hope you can find some time to participate in the MLK Program, WSU’s annual celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and legacy. To learn more and register for events, visit WSU’s MLK programming page.

This year, we also have the unique opportunity to participate in a fully virtual service project in honor of MLK day, creating cards for community partners like local hospitals, teen shelters, and assisted living homes. I urge you to visit the Caring Cougar Cards page on the Global Connections website to learn more and register to participate.

We have a lot to look forward to as we begin 2022. The start of a new term is a most exciting time, and I wish you all the best this semester.

-Dave Cillay, Global Campus Chancellor