Global Campus Chancellor: Embracing Global Diversity Awareness

Dear Global Campus Cougs,

October is Global Diversity Awareness Month, and I wanted to take a moment to share a few thoughts with you.

As Global Campus Cougs, we hail from a wide variety of nations and cultures—yet we are all part of the same WSU family. Our Global Campus community is truly a global community. The more we learn about each other’s cultures, mindsets, and belief systems, the better we can understand, appreciate, and value each other. Therefore, I believe that it is vital for each of us to strive to understand and embrace the vibrant diversity that exists among the people of our community.

This October, I encourage you to learn more about other cultures and people. When we open our minds to new ideas and viewpoints, it can truly change our worldview and give us a fresh perspective on world events and the people around us. The more we know about each other, the more we enable ourselves to make a positive impact in our community.

I wish you all good luck with your studies as you continue the fall term, and, as always, GO COUGS!

-Dave Cillay, Global Campus Chancellor