Global Campus Chancellor: Spring Term/MLK Day Message

Dear Global Campus Cougs,

As we begin a new year and a new term, I first want to take a moment to recognize the many accomplishments – great and small – of our Global Campus student community during the fall semester.  I marvel at the academic, civic and professional accomplishments of our students in the most difficult of times. Be proud of your achievements and your perseverance and allow yourself grace if you did not meet all your goals.

In 2021, we face new and ongoing challenges that impact our families, our communities, and our nation. WSU President Kirk Schulz recently sent a letter to WSU students, faculty and staff asking that we engage in creating an equitable community at WSU and our larger communities. As we begin celebrations honoring Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., I encourage all Global Campus students to do the hard work to make our world more just and fair.

I hope you can find some time to participate in the MLK Program, WSU’s annual celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s life and legacy.  A series of virtual events begin on Thursday, January 21. These interactive events are designed to allow students to engage with each other under the theme of freedom and justice for all. To learn more and register for events, visit WSU’s MLK programming page.

Despite the challenges ahead, there is much to look forward to as well. The start of a new term is a most exciting time, and I wish you all the best this semester.

-Dave Cillay, Global Campus Chancellor