Global Campus Chancellor: Welcome to Fall 2020!

I want to extend a warm welcome to you—whether this is your first time with us at WSU or you are a returning student—to Fall Semester 2020. It has been a busy summer here at Global Campus and Academic Outreach and Innovation (home of Global Campus) preparing for record high enrollment and helping the WSU system use academic technology to deliver courses remotely this fall at the 5 other WSU campuses.

I’m pleased to announce that Global Campus is hosting its first-ever virtual Week of Welcome, and I hope you participate in one or more of the daily events.

I also want to remind you, that as a WSU student, you are a member of the Cougar family. These past few months have been unprecedented and highly challenging in many ways for the entire WSU community, but as Cougs we will persevere together. The Global Campus staff, faculty, and student government are here to support you this fall and throughout your time at WSU. Reach out to us along the way if you need help and we will do our best to provide the assistance and resources you need to be successful.

I also encourage you to be there for your fellow Cougs as you travel down the road to graduation together. There are many opportunities to engage with fellow students both in your course spaces and through student involvement activities and events offered by ASWSU Global and Global Connections.

I know this will be a memorable year full of successes, and I’m looking forward to it.

We have a lot of great online events in store for you as we kick off the fall semester and many ways to engage and connect with your fellow students and the Cougar community as a whole.

-Dave Cillay, Global Campus Chancellor