Services and Activities (S&A) fees are one component of the total tuition and fees that students pay. S&A fees are used to fund nonacademic student activities, programs, and projects. The fees are used to enhance the student experience by funding student government, student organizations, entertainment, speakers, facilities, and recreation.
S&A fees can only be used to support nonacademic activities, events, facilities/equipment, and programming. Budget requests for S&A funds are reviewed and approved by the S&A Fee Committee each spring.
Each year, a budget for S&A fees is developed by the Committee. The committee is made up of WSU Global Campus students, faculty, and administrators. The total amount to be allocated to the various student groups is based on an estimate of S&A fee revenue from the Washington State University budget office.
In March or April of each year, the committee invites various student groups to present a budget for the coming academic year. In their budget, each group must explain how the requested funds will be used. The committee then develops an overall budget with allocations of the expected revenue to the various groups. The proposed budget is then delivered to the Board of Regents for their approval.
Any WSU Global Campus group, organization, or individual may request funds, but the purpose must be to support non-academic student activities and programs. Recognized student organizations (RSOs) should only pursue funding support through ASWSU Global except under special circumstances. Please contact Leslie Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application packet or to request training on the proposal process.
- Fall: New committee member orientation and S&A fund request updates
- Fall: Committee meets to conduct brief overview, review expectations, and determine schedule
- March 7, 2022: Funding requests are due from departments and organizations at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com.
- March 22, 2022: Hearings will be held for groups to present material to S&A committee for consideration from 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m. PST via Zoom. Attend the hearing via Zoom.
- March 25, 2022: Deliberations will be held for S&A committee to decide S&A Fee rate and S&A Fee allocations from 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. PST via Zoom. Attend the deliberations via Zoom.
- Early April: Committee presents recommended fee and allocation of funds to University president
- Early May: Board of Regents reviews S&A Committee recommendation and approves or rejects fee and allocation
- May: Students recommended to University president for approval and the president approves committee members