ASWSU Global Reimbursements
The ASWSUG Executive Board recognizes the unique challenges students may face when learning from a distance. As both students and leaders, our goal is to support all students pursuing their educational goals, no matter where in the world they may be.
Qualification for reimbursements requires the following:
- Applying student must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible (reimbursements are made possible through S&A fees).
- Provide current proof of enrollment in a total of six or more credits during the semester the reimbursement is requested for. A screen capture of your myWSU course schedule showing credit enrollment is sufficient.
- Receipts for Spring term must be dated between January 11 and May 15, 2021.
Reimbursement applications for Spring are open until May 15, 2021.
This is a final deadline, as ASWSU Global will be unable to process reimbursements for the spring semester after this date. To streamline the process and allow ample time to respond to questions that may arise, we recommend entering reimbursements as soon as the purchase has been made.
Please review available reimbursements for additional details.
Important Update: Multiple types of reimbursements may now be requested on one form. For example, if you have a childcare, honor society, and grocery reimbursement request, you can submit them all at the same time on one form.
Questions? Contact the Director of Resources at email@example.com.
ASWSUG will reimburse graduating students cap & gown costs up to $100/student. Reimbursement will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Receipts must be dated between September 7- May 15, 2021.
- Submit receipt for cap and gown rental from WSU designated vendor.
- Proof of eligibility to graduate.
The Child Care Reimbursement program can reimburse qualifying students up to $400 in childcare per semester (Fall and Spring), for a total maximum of $800 per academic year. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Students enrolled in 3-8 credits are eligible for up to $200 and students enrolled in 9 or more credits are eligible for up to $400 per semester.
- Students must provide a receipt from a licensed childcare provider showing proof of payment.
In response to COVID-19, ASWSUG is offering a temporary grocery reimbursement to help offset costs during Fall ’20 and Spring ’21 semesters. Under this program, students can be reimbursed up to $150 for out-of-pocket costs (before tax) for eligible items. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
Please note: The total amount of reimbursement per student for each semester is $150. You can submit a one-time $150 request, or multiple trips adding up to $150, with receipts for Spring ’21 dated between 1/11/2021 – 5/15/2021. Only receipts during these dates will be accepted, and only up to the amount of $150 per student, per semester. We would like to help as many students as possible.
Products eligible for reimbursement include:
- Any food for the household obtained at a grocer or market, such as:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat
- Prepared foods
The following items are not included and ineligible for reimbursement:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and/or supplements
- Pet foods
- Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies
- Hygiene items, cosmetics
ASWSUG is offering a reimbursement for membership dues for the honor societies offered at WSU. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Reimbursement is prior to taxes; taxes will not be reimbursed.
- Receipt showing proof of purchase must be provided.
- Only S&A fee-paying students with primary status as Global Campus Students are eligible.
The following are recognized societies reimbursements qualify for:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Alpha Phi Sigma
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- National Society of Leadership & Success
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Psi Chi
WSU Global Campus students are eligible for reimbursements related to mental health and wellness. This is a first-come, first-serve reimbursement program for students looking to improve their overall mental health and wellness. If approved, reimbursements are processed and added to your student account at the end of the semester. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
Mental health services from a qualified healthcare professional are eligible to be reimbursed up to 100% of out-of-pocket cost (pre-tax), for a maximum of $180 per semester, and a total of $360 per academic year.
Apps and wellness services are eligible to be reimbursed up to 50% of out-of-pocket cost (pre-tax), for a maximum of $180 per semester, and a total of $360 per academic year.
- Date of services must be between September 7 – December 11 for Fall semester, and between January 11 – May 15 for Spring semester.
- Must submit an itemized paid receipt showing proof of payment.
Mental Health (100% Reimbursement)
- Mental health services from a qualified healthcare professional, including virtual mental health and/or counseling services.
Apps (50% Reimbursement)
- Time Management
- Mental Health/Mood
Wellness Services (50% Reimbursement)
- Therapeutic massage
Please note: This reimbursement does not include Fitness apps or programs. Please visit the Cyber Coug Fitness Club for more information about fitness reimbursements.
The Technology Reimbursement program will reimburse qualifying students to assist with the expenses of upgrading or acquiring necessary tools for enhanced participation in the Global Campus. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
Technology Reimbursement Rates:
- ASWSU Global covers 50% of the cost, up to the maximum reimbursement. This cost excludes taxes and delivery/shipping fees.
- Maximum Reimbursements:
- Laptops/MacBooks/Desktop: Up to $150
- Tablets/iPads/Calculators: Up to $100
- Computer software: Up to $75
- Home printer: Up to $75
- Student A purchases a laptop for $500. 50% of the cost is $250, however, the maximum reimbursement is $150. Therefore, the student is eligible for a reimbursement of $150.
- Student B purchases a printer in the amount of $50. ASWSU Global covers 50% of the cost. In this case, the student is eligible for $25.
- These caps help us reimburse as many students as possible.
Technology reimbursements are subject to the following terms:
- Only one type of technology reimbursement is allowed per academic year
- The receipt must be dated between September 7, 2020 – May 15, 2021, or it will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- The reimbursement does not cover accessories, warranty plans or repairs.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled Global Campus students enrolled in six or more credits.
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reimbursement rates apply only to pre-tax designated items.
- S&A Fee spending guidelines require that all reimbursements are appropriate and necessary. ASWSUG may modify and/or deny reimbursements that do not meet requirements.
- Please expect 4-6 weeks after your form was received for processing and payment to your student account.
- ASWSUG reimbursements may represent income for students and may impact their financial aid packages. For more information, contact your financial aid office.
How are the resources available to students determined?
The Student Resources Committee holds monthly meetings to discuss ways we can help students overcome challenges and successfully complete their studies. Assistance to students may include informational resources, scholarships, and/or financial reimbursements.
As a member of Global Campus, you can help us fulfill this mission by providing your time, ideas, and feedback during monthly meetings held on the final Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m. (PST). As a bonus, this is an excellent way to earn leadership experience while networking with your peers! Participation may be as much or little as you desire, and you will make a positive impact in your community.
ASWSUG welcomes all participation – this is an open opportunity for us to listen to you. Every student experience is different, and the more voices involved, the better. If you cannot attend the scheduled meeting hours, please consider contacting the Director of Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your thoughts, or to schedule a one-on-one call. We are always accessible to students and love to hear from you. To attend a monthly meeting, please RSVP for Zoom link.
Who is eligible for reimbursements?
Applying student must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible (reimbursements are made possible through S&A fees).
Provide current proof of enrollment in a total of six or more credits during the semester the reimbursement is requested for. A screen capture of your myWSU course schedule showing credit enrollment is sufficient.
Please review the details for each individual reimbursement, as each has its own set of criteria.
What do I need to do to apply?
Students must submit legible receipt(s) showing fees, taxes (if applicable), and proof of payment. Receipts for Spring term must be dated between January 11 and May 15, 2021. If you aren’t sure if your receipt is sufficient, please email email@example.com for review.
How are reimbursements funded?
Reimbursements are made possible through Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fees; you must be Global Campus S&A fee paying student to qualify (students in the Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible).
May I apply for multiple reimbursements?
All applicants have a predetermined maximum allowed amount for each type of reimbursement per semester. Please review the details for each individual reimbursement, as each has its own set of criteria.
Will the receipt of financial aid impact my eligibility?
Financial aid status does not impact eligibility to receive a reimbursement, however, it may represent income for some students. If you have further questions, please reach out to your financial aid office.
I applied for a reimbursement and moved; how do I get a new check sent?
If you don’t have direct deposit set up and receive all payments by check, you may have to wait for it to be returned. Email the Bursars office: firstname.lastname@example.org, and they should be able to help.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please reach out to the ASWSU Global Director of Resources, Alexis Edwards: email@example.com.