ASWSU Global Reimbursements
The ASWSUG Executive Board recognizes the unique challenges students may face when learning from a distance. As both students and leaders, our goal is to support all students pursuing their educational goals, no matter where in the world they may be.
Qualification for reimbursements requires the following:
- Applying student must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible (reimbursements are made possible through S&A fees).
- Provide current proof of enrollment in a total of six or more credits during the semester the reimbursement is requested for. For proof of enrollment, please use either your unofficial transcript or a screen capture of your myWSU course schedule showing your name and current credit hours.
Receipts for Spring term must be dated between January 1 and May 15, 2022 at 12 p.m. PST.
Reimbursement applications for Spring must be submitted no later than May 15, 2022.
This is a final deadline, as ASWSU Global will be unable to process reimbursements for the spring semester after this date. To streamline the process and allow ample time to respond to questions that may arise, we recommend entering reimbursements as soon as the purchase has been made.
Please review available reimbursements for additional details.
Important Update: Multiple types of reimbursements may now be requested on one form. For example, if you have a childcare, honor society, and grocery reimbursement request, you can submit them all at the same time on one form.
Questions? Contact the Director of Finance at email@example.com.
ASWSUG will reimburse graduating students cap & gown costs up to $100/student. Reimbursement will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Submit receipt for cap and gown rental from WSU designated vendor.
- Proof of eligibility to graduate.
The Child Care Reimbursement program can reimburse qualifying students up to $400 in childcare per semester (Fall and Spring), for a total maximum of $800 per academic year. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Students enrolled in 3-8 credits are eligible for up to $200 and students enrolled in 9 or more credits are eligible for up to $400 per semester.
- Students must provide a receipt from a licensed childcare provider showing proof of payment.
Please note: This is NOT a reimbursement. This is a voucher. Instead of making a purchase and then requesting a reimbursement with your receipt, you request the vouchers beforehand and then use them at the store once you receive them. The total amount of vouchers per student for each semester is $150 (5 vouchers each equaling $30). International students do not qualify for the grocery voucher and must still apply for a grocery reimbursement by submitting their receipt(s) along with their form. The items that qualify for the grocery reimbursement are the same as those listed below.
Products eligible for purchase with vouchers include:
Any food for the household obtained at a grocer or market, such as:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Dairy products
- Breads and cereals
- Other foods such as snack foods and non-alcoholic beverages
- Seeds and plants, which produce food for the household to eat
- Prepared foods
The following items are not included and ineligible for purchase with vouchers:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes, or tobacco
- Vitamins, medicines, and/or supplements
- Pet foods
- Cleaning supplies, paper products, and other household supplies
- Hygiene items, cosmetics
ASWSUG is offering a reimbursement for membership dues for the honor societies offered at WSU. Funds will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
- Reimbursement is prior to taxes; taxes will not be reimbursed.
- Receipt showing proof of purchase must be provided.
- Only S&A fee-paying students with primary status as Global Campus Students are eligible.
The following are recognized societies reimbursements qualify for:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta
- Alpha Phi Sigma
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- National Society of Leadership & Success
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Psi Chi
WSU Global Campus students are eligible for reimbursements related to mental health and wellness. This is a first-come, first-serve reimbursement program for students looking to improve their overall mental health and wellness. If approved, reimbursements are processed and added to your student account at the end of the semester. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
Mental health services from a qualified healthcare professional are eligible to be reimbursed up to 100% of out-of-pocket cost (pre-tax), for a maximum of $180 per semester, and a total of $360 per academic year.
Apps and wellness services are eligible to be reimbursed up to 50% of out-of-pocket cost (pre-tax), for a maximum of $180 per semester, and a total of $360 per academic year.
- Date of services must be between August 1-December 17, 2021 for Fall semester.
- Must submit an itemized paid receipt showing proof of payment.
Mental Health (100% Reimbursement)
- Mental health services from a qualified healthcare professional, including virtual mental health and/or counseling services.
Apps (50% Reimbursement)
- Time Management
- Mental Health/Mood
Wellness Services (50% Reimbursement)
- Therapeutic massage
Please note: This reimbursement does not include Fitness apps or programs. Please visit the Cyber Coug Fitness Club for more information about fitness reimbursements.
The Technology Reimbursement program will reimburse qualifying students to assist with the expenses of upgrading or acquiring necessary tools for enhanced participation in the Global Campus. Please expect 4-6 weeks processing time once form has been received by ASWSUG.
Technology Reimbursement Rates:
- ASWSU Global covers 50% of the cost, up to the maximum reimbursement. This cost excludes taxes and delivery/shipping fees.
- Maximum Reimbursements:
- Laptops/MacBooks/Desktop: Up to $150
- Tablets/iPads/Calculators: Up to $100
- Computer software: Up to $75
- Home printer: Up to $75
- Student A purchases a laptop for $500. 50% of the cost is $250, however, the maximum reimbursement is $150. Therefore, the student is eligible for a reimbursement of $150.
- Student B purchases a printer in the amount of $50. ASWSU Global covers 50% of the cost. In this case, the student is eligible for $25.
- These caps help us reimburse as many students as possible.
Technology reimbursements are subject to the following terms:
- Only one type of technology reimbursement is allowed per academic year
- The receipt must be dated between August 8, 2021-May 15, 2022, or it will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- The reimbursement does not cover accessories, warranty plans or repairs.
NOTE: Only ticket expenses (plane, train, bus tickets, etc) can be paid for by the Travel Grant beforehand. All other expenses (lodging, meals, registration fees, etc) will be reimbursed to you after the fact. Please keep all pertinent receipts to qualify for reimbursement.
Students can apply for a travel grant to be reimbursed for registration fees and travel expenses associated with a non-academic student leadership conference or ASWSUG sponsored event (commencement receptions, Global Student Summit, etc.). Students with a qualifying GPA will be reimbursed at the discretion of ASWSUG.
- Our Grocery reimbursement is currently transitioning to a voucher-based process. Be aware that this might extend our processing time/change how the reimbursement process for groceries actually works.
- Due to international tax laws, International students will not qualify for the Grocery Voucher. Instead, yours will work as a reimbursement like before. You will need to submit your receipt(s) with your form to be reimbursed. When filling out the form, be sure to select “Grocery Reimbursement” when selecting your reimbursement type.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled Global Campus students enrolled in six or more credits.
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reimbursement rates apply only to pre-tax designated items.
- S&A Fee spending guidelines require that all reimbursements are appropriate and necessary. ASWSUG may modify and/or deny reimbursements that do not meet requirements.
- Please expect 4-6 weeks after your form was received for processing and payment to your student account.
- International students, processing your reimbursements may take extra time beyond the estimated 4-6 weeks due to laws and regulations.
- ASWSUG reimbursements may represent income for students and may impact their financial aid packages. For more information, contact your financial aid office.
How are the resources available to students determined?
The Student Resources Committee holds monthly meetings to discuss ways we can help students overcome challenges and successfully complete their studies. Assistance to students may include informational resources, scholarships, and/or financial reimbursements.
As a member of Global Campus, you can help us fulfill this mission by providing your time, ideas, and feedback during monthly meetings held on the final Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m. (PST). As a bonus, this is an excellent way to earn leadership experience while networking with your peers! Participation may be as much or little as you desire, and you will make a positive impact in your community.
ASWSUG welcomes all participation – this is an open opportunity for us to listen to you. Every student experience is different, and the more voices involved, the better. If you cannot attend the scheduled meeting hours, please consider contacting the Director of Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your thoughts, or to schedule a one-on-one call. We are always accessible to students and love to hear from you. To attend a monthly meeting, please RSVP for Zoom link.
Who is eligible for reimbursements?
Applying student must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible (reimbursements are made possible through S&A fees).
Provide current proof of enrollment in a total of six or more credits during the semester the reimbursement is requested for. For proof of enrollment, please use either your unofficial transcript or a screen capture of your myWSU course schedule showing your name and current credit hours.
Please review the details for each individual reimbursement, as each has its own set of criteria.
What do I need to do to apply?
Students must submit legible receipt(s) showing fees, taxes (if applicable), and proof of payment. Receipts for the fall term must be dated between August 1 through December 17, 2021. If you aren’t sure if your receipt is sufficient, please email email@example.com for review.
How are reimbursements funded?
Reimbursements are made possible through Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fees; you must be Global Campus S&A fee paying student to qualify (students in the Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible).
May I apply for multiple reimbursements?
All applicants have a predetermined maximum allowed amount for each type of reimbursement per semester. Please review the details for each individual reimbursement, as each has its own set of criteria.
Will the receipt of financial aid impact my eligibility?
Financial aid status does not impact eligibility to receive a reimbursement, however, it may represent income for some students. If you have further questions, please reach out to your financial aid office.
I applied for a reimbursement and moved; how do I get a new check sent?
If you don’t have direct deposit set up and receive all payments by check, you may have to wait for it to be returned. Email the Bursars office: firstname.lastname@example.org, and they should be able to help.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Please reach out to the ASWSUG Director of Finance, Megan Oshiro at email@example.com.