About Global Campus Development
Global Campus Development serves WSU Global Campus by building and strengthening relationships with the communities we serve to encourage advocacy, investment, and support of the Global Campus and WSU System, its mission, goals, and programs in support of student and alumni success.
Our vision is to have a culture of engagement and philanthropy that inspires the WSU Global Campus and the WSU community.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth, Global Campus Development commits to these values:
- Collaboration: We believe that building strategic partnerships with colleagues is essential to our success. We work and communicate openly and honestly. We know that by creating a vibrant climate of inclusiveness, we can more effectively leverage the resources of diversity to advance our collective capabilities.
- Character: We pursue deliberate efforts to ensure that Global Campus Development is a place where differences are welcomed, where different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual feels a sense of belonging and inclusion. We will value the unique strengths that each person contributes to the team, expressing frequent appreciation of individuals and teams.
- Creativity: We are open to change, experimentation, and risk-taking in our search for smarter and more creative ways to reach our goals. We anticipate and respond to emerging trends and have a culture of continuous improvement. We courageously share our unique perspectives and encourage others to do the same.
- Commitment: We commit to increasing diversity among our staff, volunteers, and donors. We are committed to equal opportunity for all persons. We commit to pursuing deliberate efforts to ensure that, in our workplace and among our donors, differences are welcomed, and different perspectives are respectfully heard.
Goal 1: Philanthropy
We are committed to fostering increased support for the campus and university initiatives that eliminate barriers, expand immersive experiences, and empower all Cougs to achieve personal excellence.
- Enhance data-driven decision making to improve fundraising and engagement success.
- Grow the culture of philanthropy with internal and external Cougar communities.
- Implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to exceed the dollar and donor goals of the comprehensive campaign.
Goal 2: Engagement
We will serve as advocates, ambassadors, and agents of opportunity to support the growth of WSU Global Campus. We strive to ensure that our communities are actively involved by providing opportunities for volunteer, experiential, communicative and philanthropic engagement.
- Develop a sustainable campus-wide community engagement plan.
- Ensure a memorable and positive Cougar student experience during all GCD points of student engagement.
- Grow our Alumni, Corporate/Foundation and Parent/Family Engagement programs to further develop a culture of engagement and philanthropy.
- Enhance development of dynamic and diverse advancement-related boards & committees.
Goal 3: Communication
We commit to transparent, timely and authentic internal and external communications.
- Grow our communication efforts to enhance the reach and message of WSU Global Campus & WSU to build Cougar Pride.
- Create infrastructures that support the continuous growth of WSU Global Campus’ reputation and presence.
- Strengthen GCD communications and engagement through transparent policies, procedures, and systems.
- Develop a visual and brand identity to highlight the impact on communities we serve.
Goal 4: Culture
We believe that the diversity of our division and the unique, individual strengths and talents of our staff are the cornerstone of our success as a team. We strive to advance both personal success and that of WSU Global Campus by recognizing the value of an inclusive culture that embraces each employee’s unique contributions.
- Cultivate and support leadership and professional development within all members of GCD.
- Foster culture that embraces and celebrates a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Enhance the GCD employee experience for continuous growth in employee engagement and satisfaction.