Apply for 2019 Non-Degree Admission
The WSU Office of Admissions will begin reviewing applications for 2019 admission by late-September.
This page provides application instructions for those wanting to take an undergraduate for-credit course or earn an undergraduate certificate, but not a degree. If this doesn’t apply to you, please check these other categories:
(Note: Non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid.)
- Seeking an undergraduate degree? Go to the Undergraduate Application web page.
- Seeking a graduate certificate? Apply to the WSU Graduate School Graduate Certificate Program.
- Want to enroll in 500-level courses? Apply to the WSU Graduate School as a Non-Degree Graduate.
|Term||Non-degree Undergraduate Admission Deadline|
Classes begin Jan. 7
|Apply by: Dec. 7|
|Summer 2019: Multiple start dates
May 6: Early 6-week, 7-week, and 12-week classes begin
June 3: 8-week classes begin
June 17: Late 6-week classes begin
June 24: Late 7-week classes begin
Application deadlines vary:
To start classes on May 6:
Apply by: April 5
To start classes after May 6:
Apply by: May 17
Classes begin Aug. 19
|Apply by: July 19|
How to apply:
- Look at the deadlines.
- Check the requirements. You do not need any college credits and are not required to have a minimum grade point average to apply as an undergraduate non-degree seeking student. Official transcripts are not required.
- Confirm that the course(s) you wish to take is offered through Global Campus, then check if the course has a prerequisite, or requires approval. Here’s how:
- Go to the Schedules of Classes (schedules.wsu.edu).
- Select the link for the Global Campus term you wish to apply for. New term information is available approximately four weeks prior to the start of registration.
- Find the course you wish to take by selecting a prefix. If the course is offered through Global Campus that term, you’ll see it listed.
- Select the More Information link to see the course information
- Check the Prerequisites section for any prerequisites.
- Also check the Special Notes section to determine if permission is needed to enroll.
- If you have questions about whether you can enroll in a course or if seats are available, please ask us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select this link to fill out the non-degree application. Applications for undergraduate non-degree seeking students may be accepted through the first day of the semester, but we recommend applying as soon as possible. The application fee is $25. If you plan to earn a certificate, please select that certificate on the application. You can also let us know by email: email@example.com.
What happens next?
- WSU’s Office of Admissions will review your application materials and notify you of its decision.
- If you are admitted, the Global Campus will send you an email welcome message with registration information.
- When your enrollment appointment time begins, if you find that you are not able to enroll in a course, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.