Special Education Endorsement
WSU's Special Education Endorsement program provides the skills and knowledge required for those who want to teach students with special needs in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
The endorsement courses are offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels (except Spec Ed 301). Students can complete just the endorsement courses or if taken at a graduate level, the graduate courses may be applied to the Master’s (EdM) in Special Education.
Students wishing to complete just the endorsement courses and students interested in the EdM program must complete the add-on endorsement application, available on the College of Education website, and follow standard WSU Graduate School and department admission procedures.
Financial aid is available to students enrolled in five or more credits and who are applying those credits towards a graduate degree. More about financial aid
Online Special Education Endorsement courses:
- Spec Ed 301 – Education of Exceptional Children
- Spec Ed 401/501 – Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 402/502 – Assessment of Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 403/503 – Secondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Spec Ed 404/504 – Professional Skills in Special Education
- Spec Ed 409/509 – Early Childhood Special Education
- Spec Ed 421/521 – Inclusion Strategies for Special Education Teachers
- Spec Ed 440/540 – Methods in Intensive Educational Supports
- Spec Ed 470/571 – Effective Assessment and Instruction in Reading for Diverse Learners
- Spec Ed 499 – Evidence Portfolio (consult advisor)
Schedule of course offerings:
To see course descriptions and required course materials, visit the Schedules of Classes. You'll see terms listed for Global Campus. Select the term you wish to enroll in, then select SPEC_ED from the list of prefixes. Courses offered that term will be listed. Select the More Information link listed with the course to view course details as they are confirmed, as well as required textbooks, links to past syllabi, and more.
- Contact Dr. Darcy Miller at email@example.com.
- Learn more about WSU's Add-on Endorsement Program.
- Visit the College of Education Special Education Add-On Endorsement Program web page.