Along with the requirements of your major and college, WSU requires all undergrad students to complete a general education component, called UCORE. If you have an approved transferable associate’s degree, most of the UCORE requirement may have already been met.
- Visit ucore.wsu.edu/students/ for information about UCORE, including categories and course lists.
College of Arts and Sciences Additional Requirements
Applicable to Global Campus students majoring in Criminal Justice, Social Sciences, Humanities or Psychology
All students, including community college transfer students with an approved transferable AA degree from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, Arizona or Hawaii, or students pursuing a second major in the College of Arts and Sciences, will be held to the following additional requirements:
- Foreign Language: Complete 2 years of high school or 1 year of college in a single foreign language.
- Additional 3 semester credits of [SSCI,] [HUM], or [ARTS] for a total of 12 semester credits of UCORE.
- Additional 1 lab credit of [BSCI], [PSCI] for a total of 8 semester credits and 2 labs.
Writing Proficiency Requirements
Graduation requirements that all students must complete:
- University Writing Portfolio/Qualifying Exam
Students must satisfy this requirement once they have earned 60 credit hours
- Writing in the Major [M]
Required for all majors—6 credits
Minimum University Graduation Requirements
- 120 total semester credits (or total credits for a specific degree program)
- 40 upper-division (300/400 level) semester credits
- 2.0 overall minimum cumulative grade point average
- Completion of the UCORE, Writing Proficiency Requirements, and College Requirements