ASWSU Global Internship Award
By completing this award application, you are providing information to our review committee for consideration for an ASWSU Global Internship Award. Please take the time to thoroughly complete the application and essay. For information about financial aid, visit the office of WSU Student Financial Services.
|Spring 2023 semester||Summer 2023 semester||Fall 2023 semester|
|More information to come||More information to come||More information to come|
WSU Global Campus and ASWSU Global (Associated Students of WSU Global Campus) are partnering to offer financial awards that will benefit Global Campus students exclusively. The ASWSU Global Internship Award provides $1,000 each semester. It will be awarded ONLY to new or continuing students admitted to WSU Global Campus and paying Online S&A Fees. Students must be admitted no later than two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
Application availability dates are as follows:
- More information to come
Awards will be awarded based on the following:
- Merit in the category they’ve chosen
- Financial need
Awards will be given in the fall for the fall semester, in the spring for the spring semester, and in the summer for the summer term.
It is important that you complete the award application in a thoughtful, professional manner. This includes using proper grammar and correct spelling in the essay portion of the application.
Academic Standing: Students who have been awarded financial awards must meet the following requirements:
- be admitted to WSU Global Campus and paying Online S&A Fees—Students must be admitted no later than two (2) weeks prior to the beginning of the term
- be enrolled in and complete a minimum of six (6) semester credit hours (three semester credit hours in the summer)
FAFSA: Students applying for an ASWSU Global Internship Award must have submitted a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and must include a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) generated from the FAFSA with this application to determine financial need. You can file a FAFSA online. Note: If applying for the summer semester award, please include a copy of the SAR from the prior academic year. Example: For the summer 2021 financial award, submit the SAR from your 2020-2021 FAFSA.
Using some form of word processor (Microsoft Word, Notepad, etc.), answer the prompts listed below (all parts). The essay represents an important part of your award application; exhibit your best work. Use plain text only (no bold or underline, etc.) and limit your responses to approximately 500-750 words. Put your name at the top of the document, but do not identify yourself within the body of the essay. Keep in mind how you can contribute to the future community of excellence at WSU.
- How will this internship contribute to your career goals?
- How will this internship build or further your leadership skills? And how will you apply this back to the WSU Global Community?
Other things to include in your essay:
- Please indicate any specific financial need you might have that has motivated you to apply for this award
- Briefly state your career interests and aspirations (100 words or less)
- Employment/Co-curricular involvement/Public Service/Research & Creative Projects. Please prioritize your top three experiences in these areas over the last three years. Please include the following for each:
- Position/Job Title
- Name of Company/Organization
- Type (e.g., daycare, school, business, club)
- Primary Role
- Dates of Service
- How often did you participate in this activity?
Internship Verification Letter (Attach with essay)
Please include a letter from your internship verifying:
- Internship timeline