Application to Certify a Business Major
This application is only for Global Campus business students.
The WSU Carson College of Business strives to offer the highest quality programs to its students and to ensure that students accepted into the college have access to courses in their major. These goals are aligned with those established by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) which serve to ensure quality educational standards in accredited institutions. The certification process is part of the quality strategy employed by the Carson College of Business.
If you already have a business major and wish to change it to a different business major, do not fill out the application. Please contact your academic advisor.
To be eligible to certify as a business major, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complete the following certification courses with a GPA of 2.5 or higher:
- Engl 101 or 105
- B Law 210
- Acctg 230
- Acctg 231
- MgtOp 215 or STAT 212
- Math 201, 220 or 172
- Math 202, 206 or 171
- EconS 101
- EconS 102
- MIS 250
- Have a cumulative WSU GPA of at least 2.5; and
- Have earned at least 60 semester credit hours.
Accounting majors: Students who qualify for certification will be placed in ranked order according to their academic performance. The number of students accepted to certify to Accounting will be based on the number of spaces available for the next semester.
Your Responsibilities as a Certified Business Major
Once you are certified, it is critical that you understand your responsibilities as you progress through the program, including knowing when your major courses will be offered and where to find projected business course rotation schedules, being proactive in meeting with your advisor, and registering for your courses as soon as you allowed to do so.
Before completing the form below, please read and save the following PDF:
When to Apply, What Happens Next
Students should apply during the semester they are enrolled in the last certification courses, before completing the courses. When your certification application has been approved and you are officially certified, you will receive a confirmation email from your academic advisor.
- The information you submit must be current as of that date; acceptance to certify will be based on the end-of-semester information.
- As part of the application process, you’ll be asked to indicate the status of completion for each certification course listed.
- If you are currently completing a course at another institution, you must have an official transcript sent to WSU Admissions Office upon completion.