A non-degree seeking student is defined as a student planning to take undergraduate courses for personal enrichment, a certificate, a teaching endorsement, or to transfer to another institution.
As a reminder, non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. If you have questions regarding the financial aid policy for non-degree seeking students, please contact email@example.com.
Military and Veterans
Those who are eligible for military or veteran’s benefits may be able to use them even if they are not seeking a degree. Visit our Global Campus Military and Veterans page or contact the WSU Veteran’s Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
How to Apply
- Review the deadlines.
- Check the requirements. You do not need any college credits and are not required to have a minimum grade point average to apply as an undergraduate non-degree seeking student. Official transcripts are not required.
- Confirm that the course(s) you wish to take is offered through Global Campus, then check if the course has a prerequisite, or requires approval. Here’s how:
- Go to the Schedules of Classes (schedules.wsu.edu).
- Select the link for the Global Campus term you wish to apply for. New term information is available approximately four weeks prior to the start of registration.
- Find the course you wish to take by selecting a prefix. If the course is offered through Global Campus that term, you’ll see it listed.
- Select the More Information link to access the course information page.
- Check the Prerequisites section for any prerequisites.
- Also check the Special Notes section to determine if permission is needed to enroll.
- If you have questions about whether you can enroll in a course or if seats are available, please ask us: email@example.com.
- Select this link to fill out the non-degree application. Applications for undergraduate non-degree seeking students may be accepted through the first day of the semester, but we recommend applying as soon as possible. The application fee is $25. If you plan to earn a certificate, please select that certificate on the application. You can also let us know by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Happens Next?
- WSU’s Office of Admissions will review your application materials and notify you of its decision.
- If you are admitted, the Global Campus will send you an email welcome message with registration information.
- When your enrollment appointment time begins, if you find that you are not able to enroll in a course, email email@example.com for assistance.
Note: Are you seeking a graduate certificate? Apply to the WSU Graduate School Graduate Certificate Program. Do you want to enroll in 500-level courses? Apply to the WSU Graduate School as a Non-Degree Graduate.