Every Global Campus undergraduate degree-seeking student is assigned a personal academic advisor. Your advisor helps you plan your path to a degree. This includes choosing individual courses, meeting university requirements, and navigating through any issues.
Your academic advisor can also help you with:
- Course petitions and evaluations
- Revising your academic plan
For other questions, please contact Global Campus' student support team.
What are advising holds?
Advising holds prevent you from enrolling in courses. To get them lifted, new students must first complete an online orientation. Before every semester, all students must discuss their courses—usually by email or phone call—with their academic advisor before being allowed to enroll.
How to have your advising hold lifted:
- New students must first complete the Global Campus online new student orientation:
- Follow the instructions in your Orientation email to access the Global Campus Orientation, the online new student orientation.
- Once you have completed the orientation, call 800-222-4978 to schedule your first session with your academic advisor. At this session, you’ll discuss which courses best meet your goals.
- Your academic advisor will then remove your advising hold.
- You can enroll in courses during your assigned time. In myWSU, select Manage Classes on your Student Homepage to find your enrollment dates.
- Returning students follow this procedure:
- Find out when you can enroll. In myWSU, select Manage Classes on your Student Homepage to find your enrollment dates.
- Before your registration date, consider your degree plan and what courses you would like to take. In your Blackboard Learn advisor's course space, be sure to review the information in the Prepare for Advising module.
- Shop for courses in myWSU, and add them to your shopping cart.
- Contact your advisor to have your advising hold removed.
WSU has several other holds that may block you from registering. Not all can be lifted by advisors. Here's an overview.