Every Global Campus undergraduate degree-seeking student is assigned a personal academic advisor. Your advisor helps you plan your path to a degree. This includes choosing individual courses, meeting university requirements, and navigating through any issues.
Your academic advisor can also help you with:
- Course petitions and evaluations
- Revising your academic plan
For other questions, please contact Global Campus' student support team.
What are advising holds?
Advising holds prevent you from registering. To get them lifted, new students must first complete a quick orientation course. All students must also discuss their courses—usually by email or phone call—with their academic advisor before every semester before being allowed to register.
How to have your advising hold lifted:
- New students must first complete the orientation course:
- Follow the instructions in your welcome packet to sign up for the orientation course (Online Orientation - AO 99).
- Once you have completed AO 99, call 800-222-4978 to schedule your first session with your academic advisor. At this session, you’ll discuss which courses best meet your goals.
- Your academic advisor will then remove your advising hold.
- You can register for courses during your assigned registration time. To find out when you can register, go to your myWSU Student Center and look for the Enrollment Dates section at bottom right. Your registration date will be listed there.
- Returning students follow this procedure:
- Find out when you can register. Go to your myWSU Student Center and look for the Enrollment Dates section at bottom right. Your registration date will be listed there.
- Before your registration date, consider your degree plan and what courses you would like to take. In your Blackboard Learn advisor's course space, be sure to review the information in the Prepare for Advising module.
- Shop for courses in your myWSU Student Center, and add them to your shopping cart.
- Call 800-222-4978 to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor.
- Discuss the courses in your shopping cart with your advisor, who will then lift your hold.
WSU has several other holds that may block you from registering. Not all can be lifted by advisors. Here's an overview.