Sidne Steindorf

Our “Global Campus Legends” series celebrates the 30th anniversary of WSU Global Campus by putting a spotlight on the unique experiences and journeys of Global Campus students throughout the years. Global Campus Legends features students who graduated from Global Campus since it was founded as WSU Extended Degree Programs in 1992.   

“My schooling was interrupted after 2 1/2 years of college credit by an early marriage and ‘life.’ Living in a rural community in south central Washington, I was isolated from educational opportunities. In 1993, I discovered WSU’s Extended Degree Program and got to work on fulfilling my lifelong goal of being a college graduate. While working full-time and raising two teenagers, I was able to graduate with a degree in Social Sciences in 1998 at age 50. Make no mistake, it was very hard work. I didn’t take any terms off from my half-time course load as I was afraid that if I did, I wouldn’t have the energy to start back up again! In 1999, I became the coordinator of the Klickitat County Learning Center and was able to share my passion for adult education with others in my area while helping them find their path to earning a degree at a distance. I retired in 2004.”

-Sidne Steindorf, ’98