Special Education Endorsement
WSU's Special Education Endorsement provides the skills and knowledge required for those who want to teach students with special needs at grades P-12. The endorsement courses are at the graduate level, except Sp Ed 301, and may be applied towards a master’s degree and/or the Professional Certification Program.
Those interested in the Special Education Endorsement program must follow standard WSU Graduate School and department admission procedures. Financial aid is available to students enrolled in five or more credits and who are applying those credits towards a graduate degree.
- More information: Contact Dr. Darcy Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- For more information on WSU's add-on endorsement program: Add-on endorsements.
Online Special Education Endorsement Courses:
- Sp Ed 301 – Education of Exceptional Children
- Sp Ed 401 – Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Sp Ed 403 – Secondary Education for Students with Disabilities
- Sp Ed 404 – Professional Skills in Special Education
- Sp Ed 409 – Early Childhood Special Education
- Sp Ed 421 – Inclusion Strategies for Special Education Teachers
- Sp Ed 440 – Methods in Intensive Educational Supports
- Sp Ed 470 – Effective Assessment and Instruction in Reading for Diverse Learners
- Sp Ed 490 – Practicum in Special Education
- Sp Ed 504 – Professional Skills in Special Education
On the Schedules of Classes page, you'll see terms listed for WSU Online. Select the term that you wish to enroll in, then select SPEC_ED from the list of prefixes. Courses offered that term will be listed. Select the More Information link associated with the course you are interested in.